Monday, May 17, 2010

Grandpa's Lake

So this weekend I spent at my Grandpa's lake condo. His condo is right on Beaver Lake in Rogers, AR...a magical place! Of course this was the first time I was there without him, seeing as he passed away in the fall. It was weird being there without him, but all of his things where still there so I felt his spirit. Also, I felt him telling me, "Alia, do you think we can get top dollar for this place if my old wallpaper is still up?" No, Grandpa I don't!! So what did I do....remove it of course, Grandpa's wishes;). Although, I truly don't think we will ever get top dollar for the place because we can't sell the laughter and joy that grandpa brought into this place with his love for our family!!

My Grandpa was a character....strong, full of wit and humor...yet down to earth and understanding. He fought in World War II...(flew the planes), was a journalist, and providing a great home for five children (and many animals)...he had many life experiences that I know we never knew of, but the one that I think abounds overall all others is through everything he still had a love of life, a love of family and friends, and his great sense of humor. Grandpa had his wit and sarcasm till the end!! I thank him the most for all these things:)............with much love and appreciation I miss him.

Grandpa--we will be there, all of us...critters included, this summer to celebrate you and your life! As a last tribute, to carry on your inspiring character and integrity!

No comments:

Post a Comment