Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Wedding No No's

Okay, so like mentioned previously I was driving to Virginia to attend a wedding with my B on Saturday night. Well first of all I made it, for those of you who were worried:). I drove the whole way with only two stops...it took about 12.5 hours. I left the STL at 9:30pm and I arrived in Richmond at 11am the next day. Lets just say it wasn't exactly a fun time, but I did it and B talked to me on the phone for about 4 hours of the trip.

Back to this wedding! First of all, the wedding was about an hour and a half away from Richmond on a military base. Which means that you had to follow all these procedures to get onto the base. When we arrived the wedding was behind schedule because the DJ had not arrived. Finally, he arrived, and the wedding could start, but none of his equipment worked so the audience did not hear any of the wedding ceremony. To add to this, the wedding party stood in a gazebo that was much higher than the audience. Not only were we unable to hear the ceremony the majority of us couldn't see a thing either.



Then to the reception........well we got lost a couple times finding the reception site because it was on an entirely different military base. When we got there, guess who was behind, the DJ! Yep, he still was trying to get his music set up and the wedding party was having to sit in the lobby waiting on the music to make their big entrance. As an added bonus, the reception ended at 9pm. I have never been to a wedding reception that was in the evening and had dancing that ended so early....oh well.


All I have to say is, weddings are crazy!!!....keep it simple and I am sure it would flow a lot smoother:)


But, all in all, we still had fun!;) We danced and danced and danced. When B wasn't around to dance with me, which was almost never, I had to find other dance partners. I got his dad to dance with me to the Cha cha slide...very fun!


By the way, B and I wore matching attire:).....I am leaving Richmond and driving back to the STL on Thursday:(.

1 comment: